Mittwoch, 8. September 2010

Love you till the end plus firework.

Wanna know the most awkward, embarrassing ex-bf story EVER?!

You've been warned.

So, I'm sure a lot of you have seen the movie "PS: I love you". No? Cheesy chick flick but so sad and touching and although Gerry, the male protagonist, dies, it is full of hope and also it helped me to cope with everything when I was really distressed at some point in my life.

Anyway, when I first saw the movie, I watched it with my now ex-boyfriend, Robert.
Back then - yes that is a couple of years ago - I was pretty much in love with him [Don't ask me why ^^ He is like the strangest guy on earth, I will post about that...], and when I saw that movie and how much Gerry loved his wife Holly and how he tried to still give her all of his love even though he already had passed away, that really touched me especially in the lovesick mood I was in back then and I wanted to be my relationship just like that ^^ [rrrrriiiiiighhhhtttt...]

One important part of that movie is the song "Love you till the end" by The Pogues - it's really a tremendously great song.
And to be honest ... I WANTED THAT SONG TO BE 'OUR' SONG ^^ [rrrrrriiiiiiiighhhhhhhttttt...]

A few weeks after watching that movie with Robert, he calls me in the middle of the night and this is what he told me:
"Guess what", he said.
"What, what is it?! It's in the middle of the goddamn night!"
"So, I was just sitting on my balcony with Meinhard..."
Meinhard is his best buddy. If I didn't know exactly that Robert is straight, then I would say he's definitly gay and in love with Meinhard. Those guys are like the weirdest thing ever. They touch each other, rub each other against themselves, talk dirty to each other, are in a band together and they tattle just like girls... Now to be honest, I've never been a fan of Meinhard. He is a punk, coming from a rich family background, though. He'd always try to mooch a ciggie or some food from friends. And he is generally so ...LOUD. Like really loud and annoying and noisy and when he's around it seems like there is no space for you, because he has such an ... 'overwhelming personality'.
And I was like "Ok, what did you guys do? What happened?!"
And Robert goes on, "Nothing, just listen. So we are sitting at the balcony, eating cookies and smoking and drinking beer, while listening to an album from The Pogues. Remember that song from that movie? 'Love you till the end'?"
I was like "Yeah?" Like really hoping that destiny wanted this to be our song ...
"Yeah well, it came on, and then Meinhard and I looked at each other, laughing because it's such a cheesy song, and suddenly there was a FIREWORK! A really nice one. And this song was playing in the background. And we were laughing so hard. I mean how cliché is that? THAT love song *and* a firework?!?! So Meinhard and I decided that this was gonna be like 'our song'. You know? Isn't that funny?"

... Yeah, it was so funny that I almost had to cry ^^

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen